Planet Cycles has a range of demo mountain bikes which can be ridden most days of the week. Customers are welcome to come in and take one of our bikes for a test ride.
We have great access to some quiet streets around our store and customers are welcome to come in and take one of our bikes for a test ride and compare different brands, models and styles. The sky is the limit!
Demo Fee of $49 Wheels, $99 for Bikes and $149 for e-Bikes will be credited against the price of any bike purchased within 4 weeks of the demo booking.
MEN'S STUMPJUMPER COMP CARBON 29
Don't worry, S-Works doesn't get to have all of the fun—the new Stumpjumper Comp Carbon 29 features the same frame with a full 11m carbon chassis and rear-end as its older brother, but with a solid list of no-fuss components for an everyman's budget.
Our design goal for the new Stumpjumper was simple—build the ultimate trail bike, one that feels telepathic. And it turns out that this feeling all comes down to stiffness. Think of it this way: when the frame's telling your hands one thing and your feet another, your brain gets confused with the imbalance and the bike feels unstable. In order to fix this, we had to get to work on dialing-in the materials, shapes, and the layout.
We started by creating our own mountain-specific stiffness test, and then we looked at the layout with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to see where we could get the biggest stiffness improvements. This led to a big discovery: The Large and X-Large frames needed more front-end stiffness while the Smalls and Mediums were just fine. We were able to create a frame design that was 20% more efficient. And in the end, this proved to be one of the lightest trail frames on the market, today.
When designing the frame with the stiffness targets being a main goal, we developed a radical new sidearm design. The front-end and rear-end are connected at three points, and the sidearm helps keep all these points super stiff and connected, all while taking about 100 grams out of the rear-end. More explicitly, this minimizes frame flex when the rear suspension is active.
We continued down the suspension path with a custom Rx Trail Tune on both the fork and rear shock. Suspension performance is highly dependent on frame, wheel, and rider size, so we use our Rx Tune to get each bike to land in the middle of the adjustment spectrum, and this gives you the biggest possible range to fine-tune your ride. Another focal point of the tune was matching the suspension characteristics between wheel sizes—we developed a specific Rx Tune for each platform. So, no matter what wheel size you prefer, you'll get perfectly linear suspension.
Steps were also taken to make this bike easy to live with. Threaded bottom brackets make a triumphant return, and we made room for up to a 3.0" tire. You're also free to run whatever aftermarket rear shock you want, since we're using standard metric shocks. We revamped the SWAT™ box, too, making it sleeker, lighter, and with more volume. And customization is furthered with a Flip Chip that lets you to dial-in your Stumpy to your riding style. Switch it from High to Low and it drops your bottom bracket 6mm and slackens the head tube by half-a-degree. Little details also jump out to surprise you, like a newly designed ribbed chainstay protector that makes chain slap a thing of the past and nearly silences the drivetrain. Lastly, we seriously couldn't make cable routing any easier on carbon models. Full tubes can be found throughout the carbon frame, so all you have to do is push the cable and it'll come out the other end. No more lazy loop, hidden stashes of magnets, pokey spokes, or pillows to cry in.
The build on this Comp model comes with a list of components that deliver undeniable quality, like a Shimano SLX drivetrain with RaceFace cranks, Shimano SLX disc brakes, FOX front and rear suspension, and Roval Traverse 29 wheels.
- The Stumpjumper's asymmetrical, FACT 11m carbon fiber construction is lightweight, stiff, and ready to take on the trail. It's built off our 29 Trail Geometry, so it's just the right amount of both capable and comfortable. And with SWAT™ integration in the down tube, a threaded BB, easy cable routing, and an all new chain silencer, it's ready for anything the trail, or you, throw at it.
- The FOX DPS Performance rear shock features our Rx Trail Tune, ensuring that no matter the wheel or frame size, your bike is dialed-in perfectly.
- A FOX 34 Rhythm fork handles suspension duties up front, with stiff stanchions and plenty of adjustability.
2020 EPIC COMP CARBON EVO
Current RRPAUD 5,800.00
We took our ultralight and efficient carbon-fiber Epic chassis and then added a mix of components that increases your fun factor without also making your checking account weep. The end result is this bike right here. The Epic Comp Carbon EVO is proof that sometimes you actually can have it all.
A MORE EPIC KIND OF EPIC
Dropper posts and slightly longer forks may seem like overkill on an XC bike. We beg to differ. Epic EVOs are not only fast off the start line, they're even better suited to masochistically long rides, multi-day stage races, and fast backcountry missions.
HARDTAIL EFFICIENT. FULL-SUSPENSION CONTROL
Suspension should always make you faster-never slow you down with energy-sucking suspension bob. Our ingenious Brain-equipped shocks keep the Epic firm when the trail is smooth, then automatically turns your bike plush the moment your tires meet rocks and roots.
- Race-proven, carbon chassis and ingenious Brain suspension-nothing's faster.
- 120mm-travel RockShox Reba RL fork increases the EVO's downhill capability.
- An X-Fusion Manic dropper seatpost increases control on steep descents.
- Full fact 11m carbon-fiber frame combines stiffness, strength, and light overall weight to deliver a peerless race bike-at any price. Meanwhile, the new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of travel, make the Epic the best handling, fastest XC rig you've been on.
- Meet Brain 2.0. We mounted the latest generation Brain shock closer to the axle, making it responsive to the smallest of bumps. We also reduced oil turbulence for consistent suspension performance, no matter how big and fast the hits come. Next, we ditched the Brain's original floating piston for a bladder system that yields even smoother action. The world's smartest suspension just got even smarter.
- An extra 20 millimeters goes a long way when it comes to boosting a fork's ability to suck up bumps. That's why we've equipped the EVO with a 120mm-travel RockShox Reba RL fork.
- The 12-speed SRAM NX Eagle groupset brings the performance of Eagle-all the gearing you need to tackle the biggest, steepest climbs-in a simple, single-ring package. No front derailleurs necessary.
- An X-Fusion Manic seatpost brings you some much-needed drop for tackling steep descents, but it also features a zero-offset design that keeps your weight over the bottom bracket for the climbs.