Cameron has always shown interest on a bicycle from the young age of 3. He started riding school & fun rides from the age of 5 on a 20 inch bicycle. When he started school he was acknowledged for riding the most laps of a mini cross country course in the under 5 age group. He then started to compete in the Mongoose schools min XCO u7 age category where he took most of the podium positions. He then moved up to the u10 age group where he continued to dominate his age group and win the series overall.
By now he had started riding the 10km mountain bike fun rides at most events and at age 10 started riding the 20km races in the subjunior series, which he won overall. He missed out on his first SA XCO champs race due to breaking his collarbone the week prior but competed in the XCO Nationals where he finished 2nd overall in the u10 age group.
At this stage Cyclelab Junior Academy approached him to join the academy and be sponsored. He remained with Cyclelab from 2010 till end 2011 with winning the year end award for most titles in the Kwazulu Natal club whilst 11 years old.
Team Jeep then approached Cameron to ride for them which he accepted at the end of 2011 race season and started 2012 in Team Jeep race gear. 2012 turned out to be a fantastic year for Cameron securing four SA Championship titles in various disciplines in the u12 age category.
On immigrating to Australia end 2012, Cameron started straight into the local racing scene with his first Australia XCO National series in his first year u15 category. Cameron's progress has been overwhelming since arriving in Australia and has achieved some fantastic results.
His passion lies with mountain biking especially Cross Country format of racing, but also enjoys the other disciplines when given the opportunity.
- Date of Birth:
- 24 March 2000
- Place of Birth:
- Hillcrest, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa
- Grade 8
- Brisbane, Queensland.
- Cycling Discipline:
XCO Mountain bike mainly but also road and track
Has also raced BMX and Downhill successfully.
- Other interests:
- Multisport, Soccer, swimming, running, surfing and Free-style riding
Short term for 2013
- Win Queensland State & National XCO title in my u17 age group
- Compete in road or track if they don't clash with XCO.
- Represent Australia and race World Cup XCO series when I am a Junior World XCO Champ.
- Represent Australia at the 2020 Olympics competing in XCO category.
- SA XCO Cup series - 2nd overall
- Kwazulu Natal Inter Schools XCO champ
- SA XCO Cup Series - 1st overall
- SA Road Champs - 2nd overall
- SA Track Champs - 1st overall
- Kwazulu Natal State XCO, track & road Champion
- SA XCO Champion
- SA XCO Cup Series champion
- Kwazulu Natal state XCO, road & track Champion
- Kwazulu Natal state XCO Cup series champion
- Kwazulu Natal state Classic Series Champ (20km races)
- Kwazulu Natal state Downhill champ
- SA XCO, road & track Champ
- SA XCO Cup series champ
- Kwazulu Natal state XCO champ
- Kwazulu Natal state XCO Cup series champ
- Kwazulu Natal state Classic series champ (series of 20km races best 6 to count)
- 2nd in Australia Subaru All Mountain National Cup Series
- 3rd in Australia XCO champs
- 1st in Queensland XCO State champs
- 1st in 11km Flight Centre Minor Epic & overall in u16
- 1st in u19 20km Flight Centre Epic
- 2nd overall in 20km Flight Centre Epic
- 1st in U17 Qld Yakima Sunshine XCO series (racing up an age group)
- 1st u17 Qld Cyclocross champs
- 1ST U17 Qld state Gtravity champs
- 1st in Australia Subaru All Mountain National Cup Series.
- 1st in Australia XCO champs.
- 1st in QLD XCO champs
- 1st in u17 Qld Yakima Sunshine series (racing up an age group)
- 1st u17 Qld Cyclocross champs
- 2nd in u15 Qld State road, time trial & criterium champs
- 2nd u17 QLD state Enduro champs.
- 1st u15 Metro criterium champs.
- 2nd Open Mens 26km Bayview blast Mtb marathon.
- Represented Queensland at State road champs.
- Attended AIS junior Mountain bike training camp - October 2014.